If your child needs mental health treatment, you have to make several important decisions. Residential treatment programs are standard but not always required. Still, outpatient mental health treatment is sometimes insufficient to meet your child’s needs. Teen treatment programs offer a solution for teens who do not require 24-hour supervision but need intensive treatment.
The day treatment programs at Imagine Spokane provide structured and individualized care for teens who are stepping down from a higher level of care or need a higher level of care than standard outpatient treatment. Our programs allow your 12–17-year-old to receive the treatment and support they need without falling behind in school. Because they are at home nights and weekends, they have access to much-needed family support. Contact us at 509.870.3810 to learn more about our day treatment programs.
The Benefits of a Teen Meditation Therapy Program
Life for teens is more complicated than most people think. Today’s teens face more challenges than teens of the past, are more stressed than adults, and the pandemic has impacted children’s mental health in our nation and throughout the world. Research indicates that nearly half of all mental health disorders develop by age 14. One in three high school students reports symptoms of depression.
Learning how to regulate emotions and control impulsive behavior during the teen years helps make the transition into adulthood more manageable. A teen meditation therapy program arms your child with stress management techniques that will not only help them now but they will have for a lifetime. Following is a look at some of the many benefits of meditation therapy for teens:
- Improved sleep habits – Meditation can help teens stop racing thoughts and get a better night’s sleep.
- Reduced anxiety – Learning to manage negative thoughts helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Improved attention span – Regularly practicing meditation increases attention span, resulting in better school performance.
- Better emotional regulation – Hormones and stress can make teens feel out of control. Practicing meditation fosters better control of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- Reduced risk of substance use – Teens who have healthy ways to cope with stress, anxiety, and depression are less likely to seek relief from drugs or alcohol.
Because their brains are still developing, teenagers are vulnerable to extreme emotions, poor impulse control, and experimentation with drugs and alcohol. Teen meditation therapy fosters emotional stability and better decision-making skills. The skills gained through meditation therapy are ones your teen can rely on throughout life.
The Goals and Objectives of Day Treatment Programs
Your teen’s mental health is as important as their physical health. Untreated mental health disorders can negatively impact their physical health. Imagine Spokane’s structured day treatment program utilizes various treatment modalities, including teen mindfulness and meditation, to help teens manage their mental health symptoms and behavior issues.
Following are the goals and objectives of our day treatment program:
- Build social skills to improve relationships with peers, family members, and others
- Learn alternatives to high-risk behaviors
- Improve daily functioning and overall well-being
- Develop and strengthen positive coping skills
- Learn to manage and effectively express emotions
- Increase self-esteem
- Connect the mind, body, and spirit through comprehensive, holistic treatment
Patients in our day treatment program attend for up to 30 hours per week (five days per week, six hours per day) depending upon their level of need. The length of treatment is also based on individual needs. All of our patients receive discharge planning to help transition back into school and the greater community.
Discover the Benefits of a Teen Mindfulness Therapy Program at Imagine Spokane
More than ever, teens today are experiencing high levels of mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety, self-harm, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Because they struggle with insight into their thoughts and feelings, many teens demonstrate the need for treatment through inappropriate behavior.
At Imagine Spokane, we understand the many benefits of mindfulness and meditation therapy for teens. If your teen is struggling, reach out to our team for help. Call us today at 509.870.3810 to learn about treatment options for your teen. You can also use our secure online form.